- Number of Circuits: 10 Fuses with 2 Ignition, 1 Fuel Heater & 1 Accessory Relay
- Harness Length: 4 Feet Between Engine and ECM
- Fuse Type: Mini Blade
- Firewall Passthrough: Grommet
- Color Code Based: 2005 2500HD Dodge Truck
- Circuit Designations: Printed Wire Tags on all Connectors and Open Ended Wires
You will need the following components in addition to this harness for a successful installation:
1. ECM- This must be a factory ECM flashed for a manual transmission. This harness only fits ECMs from 2003-2005 Dodge trucks with the 5.9L Cummins engine.
2. IAT heater relays- This harness provides ECM output wires in order to turn on factory style IAT heater relays. You must purchase these relays or get them from a salvaged vehicle.
3. APPS- This harness supports the 2003 early Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor that was mounted on the front of the engine to the intake, the 2004 APPS mounted under the battery box and the 2005 late model Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor that was mounted on the accelerator pedal. You must use which ever APPS your ECM is programmed for. All APPS units are available from your local Chrysler dealer.
4. CTS- This harness only supports the late model style coolant temperature sensor.
5. LIFT PUMP- There are several options when choosing a lift pump. This harness provides a 30 amp power wire. It is relayed and ECM controlled.
A. Use a factory style lift pump; this may be a good budget minded option if this Cummins motor is transplanted into a vehicle that already had a diesel engine. Be sure to check volume and pressure from your factory lift pump if going with this option.
B. 2003-2004.5 Cummins engines had lift pumps mounted to the back of the fuel filter/water separator.
C. Use an aftermarket lift pump.
6. RADIATOR FAN DRIVE- This is factory mounted to the fan shroud and controls the speed of the mechanical radiator cooling fan. This part can be taken from the donor vehicle or purchased new. If you may also choose to use aftermarket radiator fans.
7. VSS SIGNAL WIRE- This wire needs to receive a 5 Volt square wave signal from an ABS module or VSS signal modification module.
The Fuse Block Protects The Following Circuits:
Wastegate & Fan
40 Amp Fuel Pump Relay
40 Amp Fuel Heater Relay
40 Amp Ignition Relays
This harness includes connections for the following components:
20 Amp Output
2003 - 2004 Fuel Pressure Drive
2005 Fuel Pressure Drive
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
Brake Switch #1
Brake Switch #2
Camshaft Position Sensor
Coolant Temperature Sensor
Crankshaft Position Sensor
CTS Early Signal
CTS Late Signal
Data Link Connector
Fuel Control Acutator
Fuel Pressure Relay
Fuel Rail Pressure
Harness 12v Activation
IAT Heater Relay Activation #1
IAT Heater Relay Activation #2
MAP / Intake Air Temperature
Park/Neutral Safety Switch
Radiator Fan Drive
Wastegate Control Solenoid